It’s crazy times in the world right now. I’m sure a lot of people are practicing social distancing which means you are spending a lot of time at home. If you’re like me that also means you’re cooking a lot more.
Raise your hand if that sounds like you.
I wanted to share a recipe that we make often. It’s called Pancit. It is a popular Filipino dish and a family favorite.
This is my mama’s recipe. It’s vegan, simple to make, and delicious. Hope you try it and love it!
- 1 large Onion diced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Carrots shredded
- 1/2 head of Cabbage shredded
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 cube Not Chick’n boullion
- 1 package Rice noodles approx 6.75 oz
- In a pan over medium heat add garlic, carrots, cabbage and half of the diced onions. Sauté until soft. You can add oil or water to sauté. I used water.
- Once carrots and cabbage are softened, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the other half of the diced onions, veggie broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, and bouillon. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- While you wait for broth to simmer, run rice noodles under cold water and set aside.
- Once broth has come to a simmer, add rice noodles and mix until rice noodles have absorbed the broth.
- Once rice noodles have absorbed the broth, add carrots and cabbage mixture back into the pan.
- Mix well and serve with a couple slices of lemon on the side
Stay safe and make the best of your current situation. Sending you love and light.