When I make chili for the family it’s always paired with this amazing cornbread. This recipe is simple, plant based and delicious. The texture is crumbly, yet super moist with a hint of sweetness.
This cornbread is a huge hit with my family and I’m sure it will be for yours.
- 1 14oz can Creamed corn
- 3/4 cup Plant based milk
- 3/4 cup White sugar
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour I used Kamut flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add creamed corn, plant milk, and sugar in a bowl. Mix to combine
- Once combined, add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt to the wet mix
- Mix until well combined
- Add mixture to a pan. I have used an 8×8 and 9×13 pan, both worked well
- Bake for 25 mins. Allow cornbread to cool slightly (about 10 mins) before slicing. Enjoy!