This is my favorite Filipino dish. Hope you like it!
Vegan Chick’n Adobo
- 8 oz soy curls
- 36 oz vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cooking oil I used olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp pepper ground
- 2 medium golden potatoes cut into medium size pieces
- 1 cup carrots cut into medium size pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place soy curls into a bowl and soak it in the vegetable broth. Allow curls to soak for 10-15 minutes
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic, bay leaves and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent and until garlic is a California tan. Do not burn the garlic.
- Next, add your potatoes and carrots and cook until carrots are slightly soft. Approximately 5-7 mins.
- Once carrots are slightly soft, add the soy curls with broth, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar to the pan. Stir until well combined
- Simmer for about 20 minutes just until the potatoes are cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving over rice