Did I mention you only need 5 ingredients?
Vegan Spam Musubi
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 pack extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 tbsp garlic/herb seasonings
- 8 full sheets of Nori or seaweed
- Remove tofu from package and quickly rinse under cold water. Cut tofu into 16 rectangles.
- Mix liquid aminos and seasonings in a shallow pan and place tofu in mixture. Allow tofu to marinate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cook white rice according to package instructions.
- Once tofu is marinated, cook in pan on medium heat until both sides are brown and crisp on the edge.
How to assemble
- You will need a musubi mold or something similar in shape. Cut seaweed/nori sheets in half and place this in mold. Scoop 3-4 tbsp of cooked rice on top of seaweed. Then place cooked tofu on top of rice and carefully press layers together. Wrap the remaining seaweed around (use water to seal edge).
Congrats, you made vegan spam musubi. If you make these please post on instagram and tag me @lovealwaysjasmine_