My childhood diet consisted of two main food groups: ice cream and M&M cookies. Just kidding! No really though, M&M cookies are my favorite. I think they are the ultimate holiday cookie. Here’s my take on a veganized M&M cookie.
First thing you do is add the butter and brown sugar into a mixing bowl.
You’ll then want to cream it together. You can use a mixer, I just used a fork.
Once that’s done, you’ll want to add the milk and vanilla extract.
Stir until well combined it will look chunky like cottage cheese (as pictured below), but that’s ok.
Now add in your dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Mix until everything is combined. Dough may seem dry at first, but keep mixing until everything is mixed together. Should look like photo below. If it’s too dry, add a tablespoon of milk and mix.
Now, on to the best part. Add your chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Then add the vegan M&M’s and gently fold them in.
Doesn’t it look so good! Ok, now you’ll want to get a baking pan or sheet and either grease your pan with vegan butter or use parchment paper. Either method will prevent the cookies from sticking to the pan.
I greased my pan because I ran out of parchment paper LOL!
Next, you’ll want to scoop out about a tablespoon of dough. You can use a spoon, an ice cream scooper or like I did here a coffee scooper because I don’t have an ice cream scooper. Don’t judge me!
Form the dough into balls, place them on your baking sheet and gently press them down. I was able to get 12 cookies onto one sheet.
Time to bake! Bake these for 14-16 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until cookies are slightly golden brown. Place them onto a cooling rack for a few minutes.
Enjoy these with a glass of oat milk or hot tea.
If you and your kids leave cookies out for Santa, he will love these!
Vegan M&M cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk I like using oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I use the Enjoy Life brand
- 1/2 cup vegan M&M's I use the Unreal brand. They are called dark chocolate gems
- In a bowl, add the butter and brown sugar and mix until combined
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and stir to combine
- Now, add your dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix to combine
- Next, add chocolate chips and mix
- Add M&M's and gently fold them in
- Form dough into a balls and place it onto a baking sheet
- Bake on 350 F for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown
- Place on cooling rack for a few minutes before you enjoy them