You must be thinking… beans in a brownie? Yuck!
I know how you feel because I thought the same thing. But girl, all I’m going to say is, don’t knock it til you try it. These brownies are so decadent and fudgy. It’ll satisfy any sweet tooth.
No one will know your secret ingredient.
There are so many black bean brownie recipes out there, but I wanted to put my own twist on an oil free version. I really liked how they turned out and I hope you do too!
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips I used the Enjoy Life brand
- Place rolled oats into a food processor and blend until you get a flour like texture
- Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) into the food processor and blend until well combined
- Stir in chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula. Optional: leave a few chocolate chip to sprinkle on top after brownies are cooked.
- Place mixture into a baking pan and bake on 350 degrees fahrenheit for 18-22 minutes.
- Cool in fridge for 10 mins then serve 🙌🏼
If you do make these I would love to see your creations. Tag me on instagram @lovealwaysjasmine_