We are heading into the Autumn season! Cool weather calls for warm meals. My absolute favorite dish to enjoy during the cooler months is a bowl of warm chili.
This three-bean chili is a one pot wonder. It’s hearty and simple to make. Enjoy!
Vegan Three Bean Chili
- 1 tbsp vegan butter optional, I use Miyoko’s butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes canned
- 15 oz black beans canned
- 15 oz red kidney beans canned
- 1 1/2 cup vegan refried beans
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 – 2 handfuls arugula or spinach optional
Toppings (optional): vegan shredded cheese, cilantro, diced onions
- Over medium heat add vegan butter to a pan. Sautee onions, mushrooms and bell peppers until onions are translucent – this may take 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, arugula, cumin, and chili powder- stir until well combined. Simmer over low heat for 10-12 minutes. Serve chili with optional toppings and a side of cornbread.